Himank is one of the best projects of Border Roads Organisation (BRO). Started in Aug 1985 exclusively for the construction and maintenance of roads and related infrastructure including the world's highest motorable roads across the Khardung La, Tanglang La and Chang La passes. The Project provides the necessary wherewithal to keep the lines of communication open throughout the year, not only in Ladakh, but also in the operationally sensitive Siachen sector.
Himank's work ensures access to sensitive military areas including the world's highest battle-ground at the Siachen Glacier and Pangong Tso Lake (at 14500 ft) whose waters span the de facto India-China border. Nicknamed “The Mountain Tamers”.
Himank's personnel battle tough terrain, extreme climatic conditions and really tight dead-lines to keep Ladakh connected with the rest of India. But apparently, their jobs haven’t robbed them of their sense of humour. If you ever had up that way, you’ll discover that the dudes who work in project Himank have put up some really funny and occasionally, really deep road signs. Check ‘em out.
1. Eh... What's a Gama?
2. Hehe. You see what they did there?
3. And here? Guess the Himank guys really like their innuendos.
4. Why isn't the guy who wrote this in advertising?
5. Thanks guys. Now, I'm confused.
6. Again with the curves.
7. Ouch and Sorry!
8. Damn right. And by the way, this means two things.
9. This one's actually pretty witty. You'll get it though.
10. A public service message, Himank style.
11. You knew this was coming, right?
12. Wise words for the wary traveller.
13. A message from a married man.
14. Ahan! Rhyme
15. Everyone can relate to this one.
Share these cute and sweet messages from BRO on Facebook and Twitter