Backpacking is the thing every traveller love about. Living in New Delhi, makes the Himalayas reachable to me. What else could be a better place to travel in summer more than the Giant Himalayas.
Image – Pinterest
Its good to pack light while you are at hills. I do keep a check on my packing list, carry the stuff that I must require on the trip. Here are list of things that are part of my backpack-
- T-shirts — Weekend trip(2); 5 or 7 days trip(4)
- Jeans — 2 (one to wear and one reserve)
- Footwear — 1 pair of each shoes and floaters
- Two pair of socks
- 1 pair of Night wear
- Mobile — 100% charged + Balance of 1 month(Prepaid)
- At least one photo id — Extremely important
- Pen & notepad — write about experience or track the expense
- Laptop and charger — For photo sharing and may charge your phone in emergency.
- Mobile charger and power banks
- Water bottle
- Medications or First Aid
- Camera and its accessories
- Travel towel
- Extra plastic bags — They are too useful
- Light woollen and a jacket — Depending upon the weather conditions
- Woollen cap
I compiled this list from my previous trips to Himalayas that includes Kasol, Mcleodganj, Manali, Rohtang, Chitkul and Spiti Valley.
These are the essentials that will help you make your travel safer and easy. You must have the right gear to enjoy the enchanting Himalayas.