How to travel from Kolkata to Thimphu
Route planner to travel from Kolkata to Thimphu with Car
Road – Car
Take the roadtrip for Thimphu while driving from Kolkata, enjoy this time with your friends, family or drive solo. You can drive on a car, a bike or hire a taxi to travel on the roads to Thimphu
The shortest distance between Kolkata and Thimphu is 857 kms(535 miles), you will need around 19 hours to travel Thimphu by Road. Driving directions to travel to Thimphu, for the roadtrip to Thimphu from Kolkata is provided with the map.
Thimphu is known as The Beating Heart of Bhutan and ideal time to stay there is 3 – 5 days. Find out the 0 places to visit in Thimphu, and what to do there.
Shortest Route to go from Kolkata to Thimphu distance
Book Transport from Kolkata to Thimphu
Kolkata to Thimphu Taxi/Traveller Fares
You may choose to hire a cab to Thimphu from Kolkata, railway station or airport. You can book a taxi/cabs like Indica, Micra, Indigo, Dzire, Etios, Innova, AC Tempo Traveller from Kolkata and luxury cars for your weekend getaway, holiday destination, honeymoon, family outing, pilgrimage etc.
You can check the taxi fare and estimated cab cost for Kolkata to Thimphu trip.
For the round trip (Thimphu to Kolkata) Thimphu to Kolkata taxi services we again will be happy to serve you.
Indica, Swift or similar, 4 + 1
₹0 per KM
Toyota Etios-Swift Dzire or similar, 4 + 1
₹0 per KM
Xylo, Toyota Innova or similar, 6 + 1
₹0 per KM
Search the best buses fares between Kolkata to Thimphu
Places to visit and
things to do in Thimphu (Click the tile to open)
The points of interest in Thimphu are listed here with the expected expenses/tickets/cost and time you will need to spend or experience the activity in Thimphu. To help you plan the trip, all the famous tourist hot spot of Thimphu are listed here.
Which is the best Taxi service for Kolkata to Thimphu?
Why travel d’globe for Kolkata to Thimphu?
- You need to search for reliable inter-city taxi providers.
- You need to talk to at least 3-4 Car Operators, compare and get the one with the best price and reputation.
- You must decide if that operator will provide good service and honour time commitments.
- You must ensure if the car will be in good condition, comfortable, commercially licensed with all the requisite permits.
- Finally, you need to satisfy yourself if the driver will be well behaved, knowledgeable, and experienced.
Best time for renting a car for Kolkata to Thimphu
Things to look for when booking an outstation cab from Kolkata to Thimphu or any outstation route
- Ensure that a commercial taxi is being provided. Only commercial vehicles can legally transport passengers from one city to another. Commercial passenger vehicles have yellow colored license plates and are required to have the necessary transport permits.
- Find if the route you will travel on has tolls. If yes, are tolls included in your booking quote
- When you are crossing state boundaries, state taxes are due. Preferably get a quotation with state taxes included else you are at the risk of being scammed again. Most taxi operators will pay for monthly or annual state tax on routes that they are commonly serving. By getting an inclusive quote, you are getting this benefit passed on to you. By getting a quote where taxes are excluded, you are going to have to pay the taxi operator and will most likely not get a receipt for the same
- Price is great but service is what matters. So try to focus on service at a reasonable price. When you go for the cheapest, you will ending up getting what you pay for.
Little about Thimphu
The Journey From Kolkata to Thimphu by Car
If You want to know everything about Thimphu , then this is where you need to go: travel guide for Thimphu
With TDG Cab Driver you don’t have to bother about anything. Just sit back and enjoy the beauty.
Other places to visit near Thimphu
Popular Routes to reach Thimphu
Book your Transport
Have your quiet time
Turn Strangers to Friends
You just have to share this page!